How to Apply for Senior Citizen Card – Know It’s Benefits
Overview: The Indian Government offers a facility for senior citizens to get higher returns. The senior citizen card in India acts as a government-approved proof of age. Seniors have the right to reduce their taxes after age 60 and 80 if they have this card.
Required Documents to Apply for Senior Citizen Card
Applicants must submit the following documents mentioned below:
- A completed application form
- A current full-face photo without a cap (approximately 38 x 50mm in size with the name on the back).
- HK Smart ID Card [If you apply by mail, please submit a copy of your HK Smart ID Card].
Advantages of Getting this Card
elderly citizens can enjoy various discounts on fares
Discount of 50% on economic fares for domestic travel for senior citizens over the age of 60 with Indian nationality.
Men over the age of 60 and women over the age of 58 get a 40% and 50% discount, respectively. This discount is available for fares in all classes of Mail / Express / Large Mite / Shatabdi / Yan Shatabdi / Durant.
Some local and state governments are conceiving bus fares to the elderly. Certain bus seats are also reserved.
Increased interest in investment
- The Elderly Savings Plan is available to all elderly persons over the age of 60 and provides an annual interest rate of 8.4%.
- For senior citizens, the interest rate on time deposits is 0.5% higher than the standard interest rate
Some Special Scheme for Elderly Person
- National Insurance offers the “Varishta Mediclaim Policy” for seniors aged 60-80.
- The maximum amount of the insured to be provided, 1 rupee in the case of hospitalization, is 2 rupees in the case of severe.
- LIC’s Varishtha pension Bima Yojana 2017 guarantees pensions for seniors based on a guaranteed rate of return of 8% for 10 years. You can invest up to Rs 7.5 in this scheme and get a monthly and quarterly pension. , Half a year or every year.
Their telephone bill is subsidized
- BSNL: Seniors over the age of 65 will be given priority for phone registration. There is no registration fee.
- MTNL: Seniors aged 65 and over are eligible for a 25% discount on fixed charges and monthly service charges for fixed-line connections.
- OTHER BENEFITS
- Banks, hospitals, etc. specially treat
- Separate queue for the elderly in the hospital for registration and clinical examination.
- Seniors over the age of 60 may send a letter to the court for priority hearing of the case.
- If you submitted as additional documentation passport copy of the children (18 years of age or older) you are staying in foreign countries (with the name have been described page) along with the application form, you can issue the passport after verification of the police.
- Most banks have special accounts for seniors, offering senior card issuance, priority services at branches, and more.
The above blog will explain you why you should go for a senior citizen card. So, apply for the senior citizen certificate and get all the benefits.
हमारे इंस्टाग्राम पेज को फॉलो करने के लिए इस लिंक पर क्लिक करें Instagram
I Highly Recommend to FOLLOW Our Instagram For Daily Learning, Motivation, Business, Money, Entrepreneur, etc.